As is the case for the majority of live service games, Modern Warfare 2 has its fair share of bugs and issues. As Infinity Ward’s 2022 title approaches its third season of post-launch content some bugs, old and new, continue to affect the experience of the average player. Here’s How to fix the Travis Rilea connection failed error in Modern Warfare 2.
Fix Travis Rilea MW2 Error Code Explained
The Travis-Rilea error occurs when the network connection fails after having booted the game. This is either due to internet connectivity issues on your end or the game servers themselves.
It can happen when the CoD servers are overwhelmed with players or, as is more likely, they’re experiencing issues inhibiting players from joining and playing as normal.
Fixing Modern Warfare 2 Travis Rilea Error Code
Much like many of the other connection errors that crop up in Modern Warfare 2, there’s not a silver bullet fix, but there are multiple solutions affected players should work their way through to alleviate the problem and get you back online.
- First things first, it’s best to check the Modern Warfare 2 servers to see if it’s an issue on the server end. To do this, you can check Activision’s social channels, such as Call of Duty’s Official Twitter Account, Activision’s Support Twitter, or simply the game’s online support forum. Another good option is Down Detector, which analyses any possible outages for specific games, apps, or software.
- This may sound like an obvious thing, but sometimes restarting your console or PC can help to resolve issues like these.
- Next, checking that your internet’s NAT type is set to ‘open’ is a way to alleviate connection issues, including the Travis Rilea problem.
- In the long run, switching to a wired internet connection over a wireless one can make a big difference – it reduces interference with your internet signal and makes dropouts and dips in connectivity far less likely.
- Finally, rebooting your internet router can also help to alleviate this connection issue, giving your own internet a hard reset.
With a little patience, you’ll hopefully get this specific connection error fixed in no time. It appears to be affecting many players right now! Stay glued to the site for more info about errors and how to fix ’em.
So, there you have it. Hopefully, this helped to clue you in on how to fix the Travis-Rilea connection failed error in Modern Warfare 2. For more on the game, here’s our full in-depth review, as well as some relevant guides for you to browse down below.